Reggie Fils-Aime unviels tons of new DS info!

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Feb 9, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=73

VOICE CHAT IN METROID PRIME HUNTERS?

Oh yes...yes yes yes...I am buying this game on launch day if there are no shortages. Demos in GameStop and Best Buy, even better!

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

voice chat but not during a match, which sorta defeats the purpose of it in my mind.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Brilliant! I laugh at everyone who said voice chat was not possible on the DS! I've seen this done on a pocket PC back in 2000, it was so possible.

but wow. download stations. I'm guessing they're coming to Europe too.

this is all good :)

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sounds alright but the voice chat in hunters sounds cool.

Bless

5. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

The only thing I want to hear for the DS is some sort of Zelda game. Just rehash the 64 games or something. Just need my Zelda fix on a portable.

AND NO FOUR SWORDS! :mad: :p

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

this fact may shift the handleheld market back into the big N's grasp for now..very interesting, especially the voice chat. And as stated that it won't be during match, nevertheless it is still very neat and intriguing about future possibilities for next revisions or even later titles on the current DS.

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I never knew it left Nintendo's hands

8. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

lol... yeah, me either. i don't think it ever came CLOSE to leaving nintendo's hands...

9. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nah, not really. The problem is that the DS's hardware may struggle doing VoIP AND playing.

IMHO, not a big problem, the 12 year old voices are a pain when you're playing anyway. But I hate it when you're DONE with a game in Mario Kart and can't say anything. Very nice.

10. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It never left. Nintendo and Sony are about even here and Nintendo absolutely crushes Sony in Japan and edges them out just about everywhere else. The DS is the fastest selling console of all time.

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Let me rephrase that... I never meant it as it was gone...but they may recapture nearly the entire market, the sliver lost to the PSP would return was what i meant...

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno! If done right Four Swords would be a killer game. Especially if it went online. Or a Four Swords in OoT style, online again. There would need to be the usual epic single player game but with an equally epic multiplayer. Hell split the single player and multiplayer between Capcom and Nintendo respectively.

This is why I make games :)

13. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Not having VOIP during matches is kind of lame. I was really hoping I could team up with someone and play CTF against another team.

I suppose I'll have to use TS at the same time now...

Lame.

And hey, you know what would be better? If I could download demos and movies onto my DS from home.

I mean, as cool as it is, to be forced to go into one of the worst stores ever created (Best Buy) to have to try out demos, I'd really rather just do it from the comfort of my home.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You'll be able to download demo's on the Revolution. so I suppose they have all bases covered. shops for now, home with the Rev.