Registered UDID "device not eligible for requested build"

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sandalwoodgrips, Jun 12, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I am a registered developer with a registered iPhone 5 A1428 UDID. Whenever I try to upgrade to iOS 7 beta iTunes gives me a message that says:

"The iPhone could not be restored. This device is not eligible for the requested build."

I am using an iPhone 5 A1428 and iTunes 11.0.4 with the proper iOS 7 A1428 ipsw file.
    When trying to upgrade to iOS 7, iTunes fully extracts the IPSW, but the error occurs when "Verifying update with Apple". I do not understand the cause of this technical issue. Is anyone else having this problem and know how to resolve it?

2. macrumors member

It can take a while for the UDID to get registered I think. I had the same issue yesterday when I "restored" to iOS 7, so I simply downgraded to iOS 6 by putting my iPhone in DFU, then I Alt+Updated to iOS 7. Works like a charm.

3. macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

I got this error when I did mine. I downloaded tiny umbrella and unchecked the boxes under the advanced tab and it worked. Found that solution on google

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you explain what you did or what website you found this on? I've never used SHSH blobs from TinyUmbrella before.

Nope, still no luck. Same issue. :mad:

5. macrumors regular

deuxani

Are you sure you have an A1428? I'm from Europe (GSM only here) and thought I had an A1428 too and got the same error message. Then I looked on the back of my iPhone 5 and it seems to say A1429 :D Downloading the A1429 solved the error.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, definitely A1428. I'm a US AT&T user, and it says A1428 on the back of the iPhone! :p

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to or where to read about fixing this technical issue with TinyUmbrella?

8. macrumors newbie

UDID question

Has anyone ever paid to get their UDID registered by going onto a website and paying a smaller fee for the person add your UDID to get it activated???

9. macrumors 603

So you paid the person twice?

10. macrumors 68030

It might be better to post in the Apple developer forum.

The chances of an actual Apple engineer reading and helping you out increase dramatically.

11. macrumors 6502a

cristovao

It's quite simple and I just did it on my 5 successfully. Download Tiny Umbrella. Click the Advanced tab. Uncheck all the checkboxes. Exit. Option-Upgrade in iTunes and select the ISPW file and off you go.

12. macrumors 6502

Does the OP ever fix the issue? I am having the same issue. Tiny umbrella and hosts trick turned to dead end. Please help.