"Registered User"

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dolphindolphin, May 28, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

I'm sure this has been seen before, but I just wanted to alert the proper people.

[​IMG]

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Haha maybe I should explain more. I just saw this on the "I am scared of my isight" thread. He has 3 posts, so shouldn't he be a newbie?

4. macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's amazing what you can find with MRoogle!

Guest and registered user titles?

He's referring to the user title of adamkaplan, who posted in Macbook Pro and iSight makes me paranoid

The OP's question didn't make much sense, especially with the invalid attachment.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry about the invalid attachment. here it is:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

To flesh out the answer to this question, a "Registered User" is a member who has not confirmed the email address associated with their account. This most frequently appears with new members who haven't posted and never responded to the activation emails sent to them when they first signed up.

But it also happens when a user changes the email address associated with their account. When they do that, they have to go through the activation process, and until they click that link to activate with the new email address, they show up as a "Registered User" instead of with a normal title.

8. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

WildCowboy, that's the first clear and concise explanation I've seen for that question. No one in the thread I posted seemed to fully understand or explain that. Thanks!