Registering Applecare?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by FireArse, Feb 15, 2005.

1. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Guys,

As of last week, I'm a switcher - hoping to get others to switch!

I got a Dual 2.0GHz G5 with 23 inch screen, and with all the fuss about colour inconsistancies on that screen, I thought Applecare was a must if I could afford it. But I think I read somewhere that you have to Register the pack. Is this true? Must admit the sales guy over the phone didn't say anything in particular - nor did the aftersales people when I called after a 3day delay. Please help!

Thanks for your time,

Firas

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Yes, you have to register. If you open the box that the Applecare came in, you would notice a registration card which you can fill out and mail in. Or you can go to their website to register. You need serial number for the product, and the code that is on a piece of paper in the box. User your account name to sign in, register your product, now they know you are covered.

http://www.apple.com/support/selfservice/agreements

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Also, note that the coverage is for three years after purchase of the Mac, not after purchase/registration of AppleCare, so there's no advantage to waiting to register.

4. FireArse thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks

Thanks for your time guys - I was so excited when setting up the Mac that i completely forgot to open the Applecare pack!

Thanks,

Firas