Registering MobileMe?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by DougY, Dec 3, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Dec 2, 2009
    I have had the trial version of MobileMe on my iMac, iPad and iPhone for a few weeks. Now that Ive purchased the program, how do I register the serial number?
  2. macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2010
    Colorado Springs, CO
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 2, 2009
    I went to the activate site, clicked on Apply to Existing Account, typed in the activation code....and my summary still shows me as using a trial version that will expire on Feb 1, 2911.
    Shouldnt I see an activated account now?
  4. macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Nope. For whatever reason, they don't show your new expiration date until after the trial expires.
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 2, 2009
    Thats true. I called and it is a fact that my account will not show a registered version of MobileMe until the trial expires. It is an option to cancel the trial and proceed directly to the registered version if I want. The reason is that under the trial version, email aliases cannot be utilized, and some customers want to have that option immediately. Therefore, their account would show a registered version right away. I don't want to throw away a free two months of MobileMe, so I'll wait until the trial expires, and then my account with show that I have paid for a full year.