Registration Numbers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beatsme, Sep 10, 2006.

1. beatsme macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2005
    I dunno how ethical this is, but I'm going to ask anyway:

I still have my copy of Adobe Creative Suite, but I can no longer find the Registration Numbers. As we know, the displayed registration numbers in the Illustrator Info box don't give you the entire thing, and I'm at a point now where I have to re-install because of what I think is a damaged resource fork in the app.

Is there a way to either get the registration number from the package contents in the app or from the install CD?

Note To Admin: if this is considered hacking, please delete the thread ASAP. I'm not trying to steal anything, but if you're uncomfortable with the subject I understand.
  2. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    If you've still got your proof of purchase, give Adobe a call. You never know, they make break the habit of a lifetime and actually be helpful ;)
  3. beatsme thread starter macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2005
    I'm afraid the PoP is long since gone. Though I'm sure Adobe would enjoy telling me to shove it :p
  4. beatsme thread starter macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2005
    Never Mind

as it turns out, the application stores the registration number in the Adobe Registration Database, which is in HD>Library>Application Support>Adobe

hope it works...
  5. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Also, your registration number(s) can be found in your account on Adobe's website.