"Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay" from FedEx

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by papersushi, Apr 5, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

I have been checking FedEx shipping status of my 12'' iBook since it left Taiwan last Friday. It stuck in ANCHORAGE AK*for 2 days now with status "Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay"

I called FedEx, they told me its normal, almost all Apple's package will go through that process and its not delayed in anyway. Any comments?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

The only thing I've experienced is that FedEx does not really update their tracking all the time. When my sister got her iBook, it was "stuck" in Alaska for a whole weekend, then all of a sudden when I checked it had been delivered a day early. :eek:

When is it due for delivery?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

4. macrumors member

I had this problem last fall with my powerbook. You will just have to wait it out...that is what FedEx told me at least. It just means that it has not cleared customs more or less is what they told me...they get busy etc...it will make it eventually. However, Apple refunded my shipping as I paid for rush delivery and it was not received on time. It all worked out well in the end.

5. macrumors 68020

i just got an iBook 3 weeks ago.

1) i blieve that is "Customs"... your powerbook came from taiwan
    2) fedex only updates their tracking at night (for most packages)
    3) fedex will have your package @ your door no later than 10:30am.

:-D

6. macrumors 68020

FedEx is amazingly slow. I had a ground package from NY to VA take a solid month once.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Morning on the 6th Now, 3 days since it arriaved in Alaska on last Friday with custom delay message. Still no updates, if its due no late than 10:30AM tomorrow, at least it should in the mainland US now. What's up FedEX?

8. macrumors 68020

see above post.

they only update their traking for international packages overnight... be patient. your package is moving and it will be there when quoted.

9. macrumors regular

Don't sweat it. I went through exactly the same thing (and lack of FedEx updates) with my BTO powerbook about a month and a half ago coming out of Taiwan. It'll show up.

10. macrumors 68030

superbovine

you can't rush cutsom. custom agents actually have a lot of power, and fedex is at the mercy of goverment regulation. i.e. if a custom agent feels like delaying packages to search them they will.

11. TDT
    macrumors member

How long did it take for you from the time you ordered your ibook to the time it left?

I'm curious how long my PB will take.

12. macrumors 68020

my ibook was 5days 14hrs after pushing "order" button to having fedex ring my doorbell.

13. TDT
    macrumors member

Did you have yours custom at all? I mean, on the site did you have some things added and some things removed? When checking the order status site, before it shipped, how long of a delay did they say?

Thanks

14. thread starter macrumors regular

No, it was not CTO machine at all. It was delivered today actually. Just like previous poster mentioned. It suddently just showed up after no updates for 3 days.