Reinstalled 10.3 and garange band is gone!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bhennies, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Hi all, I reinstalled 10.3 after some programs got corrupted when I screwed with the prefernces, and lo and behold garageband is no where to be found! Now, I reinstalled the OS about a month ago and didn't pay attention to whether or not G-band was installed (tonight was my first intended session because I just hooked up my triton MIDI controller). But, I definitely remember it in the dock when I first got my powerbook. Any ideas? What gives? Thanks!!!

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if it came with your computer, use the application recovery disk that came along with you comp when you got it. That will give you all the progams that shipped with you computer

3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

GarageBand isn't part of the OS. It will be either on the Software Restore disks that came with your Mac or on an iLife DVD.

4. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

did you get your powerbook before?

cause if you did the ilife cd. you have to reinstall ilife. just a suggustion.

5. Bhennies thread starter macrumors 6502

OK...everything's cool- I forgot that when I reinstalled the OS, I was supposed to also click on "reinstall apps" which is a seperate operation from install OS. All is fixed! Thanks!