reinstalling apple software

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by scollie41, Jan 25, 2005.

1. scollie41 macrumors newbie

I've had a problem two times now where iMovie just stops working. The first time a friend of mine was here and he just made my machine a slave and transfer his package via firewire and it was fixed. This time I popped in the OSX disc to reinstall the program and while it worked, so of my settings have been screwed up and reversed. I can't find my printer or the updated CUPS drivers I downloaded. Norton and Stuffit would not load and I'm not sure what else is screwed up.

Is there anyway to reinstall and repair apple software without this huge hastle?????

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I'm a bit confused... but if you had Norton on there, it might have messed up your iMovie or other things.... Norton is notorious for that under OS X.

You can extract just and application package from the OS X install disk. There is software on Version Tracker to do that.

3. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

Our school eMacs have a notorious way of somehow putting iMovie program files in the trash...check that.

4. scollie41 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't realize I needed another software program to extract iMovie from the OSX disc, so I just did a custom install choosing only iMovie. But like I said before, now my printers are missing and the other things would not work either. I have tried to reinstall Norton but now I get an error saying I need OSX BSD.

This is frustrating! And I won't have time until the weekend to play around with it either....