Reinstalling iwork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ivnds, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

Ive been freeing space from my macbook and i noticed iwork uses 1.92gb of my hard drive, id rather have that of free space. Id like to know if iwork is in the macbook cd i got, or if i can get it from apple or anything if i ever need to reinstall it.

2. Gee macrumors 65816

I thought iWork came as a demo only on the Macbook?

In which case, you can just bin it. If you want to try it at a later date, you can probably pick up a new demo copy from somewheres....

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You can reinstall off of the discs that came with your computer.

Did you have a serial number for it? Because if you did, you'll have to re-enter it since it's running as the demo when you install it again off the disc.

4. ivnds thread starter macrumors 6502

ivnds

never used it. Thanks for the info!

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You'll need to purchase iWork from Apple to have a permanent working copy. If you had it pre-installed on your system by Apple when you ordered it, you should have the disks in your shipment packaging. If it's just a demo version, you can go ahead and erase it and do as the prior poster said.

6. ivnds thread starter macrumors 6502

ivnds

thanks! i never used it, i dot think i will since i got office with the macbook, i just wanted to know i could get it easily if i wanted to try it out someday.

Thanks again for the quick reaplies!