Reinstalling Leopard on my PM G5?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Hakkera, Oct 31, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hi all,

I am trying to re-install leopard on my G5 with no success. I boot the machine up start the installation wizard from my desktop, it says that the wizard will continue after re-starting, and then proceeds to reboot.

However on booting my PM always ejects the CD, does anybody know how I can turn this off, as at the minute it's just restarting and booting back to my desktop each time.

2. Guest

spinnerlys

What kind of install DVD of Leopard do you use? Have you tried booting from it via holding down "C" right after the startup chime or holding down Option/Alt right after the startup chime? Have you verified the disk via Disk Utility?

3. macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

Make sure you aren't using a grey machine specific disk those won't work. You have to use the black retail Leopard install disk.

4. macrumors 68000

Also, I wouldnt use any copied disks - those are likely to either be machine specific, or just dodgy in general - Just an addition (I love my collection of retail discs - much lower chance of them misbehaving)

5. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for this chaps, I did manage to get it working in the end, mainly by mashing all sorts of keys at startup... :)