reinstalling rendezvous/bonjour

Discussion in 'macOS' started by federalists, Jun 11, 2005.

1. federalists macrumors member

i downloaded the new source and tried compiling and installing for panther and now my mDNSResponder is hosed. anyone have any ideas on just getting back to the normal panther versions (without reinstalling?) or, on correctly installing the newest version? the makefiles aren't all the way defined, so...

i think i want to replace mDNSResponder, the dynamic library, and header files.

2. federalists thread starter macrumors member

3. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

4. federalists thread starter macrumors member

nope, mDNSResponder comes on every mac starting with jaguar, i believe. regardless, panther's version lacks many things that tiger has like WAN translation, etc. also, the source being released for linux is the new version, so i wanted to standardize my panther code and my linux code for this project.

i eventually figured out how to fix it. for anyone else who attempts to upgrade their rendezvous/bonjour responders you can get the source from apple for bonjour. open the mac os x xcode project and build it. then put the mDNSResponder in /usr/sbin and the dynamic library in /usr/lib and the header file dns_sd.h from the shared dir in /usr/include. hope that helps someone else. not much info about this out there...