Relationship advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jasonbot, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Damn, this feels weird. Asking a bunch 'o people on the internet for lovelife advice and strange things like such!

So there's this girl and I kinda like her, I have no idea what she thinks about me. Fortunately I have not received a restraining order yet so she can't hate me right? And I'm probably seeing her on Friday, a second date, for a lovely hike up a nearby mountain, mini-incline!

The other day while smsing her I told her soemthing along the lines of "I can't wait for Friday" and she repled:
    You hold me in too high esteem. Seriously. Either that or your life is completely devoid of excitement.

This confuses me in a wasy that only women can. Is it a bad thing, am I doomed for the rest of my life. Please people, assist me ;)

2. Queso macrumors G4

LOL!! Little comments like that should only ever be made face to face. That could mean any number of things, but I think it's safe to assume she's joking with you :p

I mean, did she say she wasn't going? NO!!

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

She may be a trifle worried by your expectations, but it sounds to me like you're in there. :)

4. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Maybe it was just sarcasm, maybe I'm paranoid. I haven't slept so well. I feel slightly relieved. I'l find out for sure on Friday. Until then I must just grin and bears it.

Oh and it surprises me that I get more replies to threads on my personal life than I get with threads on my iMac's unfortunate existance:http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=259785

5. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

It sounded like self-depreciating humor but a word of warning. It sounds like you might be getting too clingy, too fast, and these could be words of warning to lighten up on the relationship thus far. It's only a second date...

6. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Mmm, clingy! Bette stop that, if I''m actually doing so:confused:

7. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

It does sound like a bit of a warning from her not to be clingy, and maybe a test to show that you actually have a life. I'd make it a point on or before your date (a hike is a good idea, BTW) to show/hint to her that you do have a lot of things going on in your life, as many girls tend to want to be at the top of a long list of priorities, not at the top of a short list. Just be subtle about it! :cool:

8. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Thats a GREAT idea, I better find some things to say/make up because now, during the holidays, I've been @ home playing FEAR and Need for Speed all day long :p

9. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

I suggest taking her out to a sushi restaurant. That solves everything IMHO. :cool:

10. Queso macrumors G4

I don't remember there being that many sushi bars in ZA. There was one on Sea Point Road in Cape Town, but that was about it.

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I say if you can just say that to a girl, and she still wants to be with you, then she's a keeper. :)

12. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Amen.

13. tringo macrumors regular

oooh, she sounds a little odd IMHO. I always say stuff like that to my girlfriend and she loves it.

But, if she gets the impression you don't have a life, just show up late, that always works for me. The old play-hard-to-get tactics.;)

14. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

There are! Went to one today with my mom, *gag* I hate sushi! Strangely enough the sushi bar was called "Cape Town Fish Market" so there!

^Why does she sound odd, she's just got a great vocabulary! And as before, she's probably being sarcastic-I hope. The actual sentence was: "The anticipation is going to kill me" she probably assumued the anticipation of um, meeting her and not the anticipation of the overall meeting thing!

Guess I will arrive late, keep her on edge!

Yeah, gaming chicks! She's not much into computers so that might provide quite a bit of entertainment.

15. Jdm_rsx macrumors 6502

16. haleyvan macrumors regular

she's only joking around with you...no worries!

17. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Nah, the ones which are keepers are when she goes 'You coming round 2nite?' and you go 'Nah, gonna sit at home on CoD3' and she goes 'Fair Enough'

:D

18. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Never date a woman who can't/won't accept compliments.

19. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

You may want to consider taking a Geiger counter with you if you go the Sushi route.:)

20. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Thnks again for all the input people!

I guess the similarities are there, but I still need to really get to know her.

ROFD, that sounds pretty sick! I'm not such a hardcore gamer and would cringe in fear of that happening!

Sometimes over-complimenting people can also be bad. I think that's what I've been doing:(

Geiger counter, at a sushi bar? What kind of sushi places do you go to!?

I'll post my 'progress' on Friday after the big day is over and I have settled!

21. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Litvinenko was probably poisoned in a London Sushi bar.

22. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

^DIdn't anyone ever tell him not to have sushi in London:eek: That's scary!

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

They are the new "in" places for exchanging radioactive samples. Hadn't you heard?

24. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

That's my rules of engagement also. There's too many fish in the sea to hook up with one with that type of character flaw that quickly.

But, what do I know - I've been married for 25 years and can barely remember dating.

25. Jdm_rsx macrumors 6502

any other rules? = )