Release date for Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Badrottie, Jul 10, 2013.

1. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

When will Maverick OS released? This month like last year Mountain Lion release date after Apple's quarterly conference call or something like that? and the price will be like 19.95? :apple:

2. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Apple has advised that it will this 'Fall.' No pricing has been announced, but likely would be $19.99.

3. thread starter macrumors 68040

Badrottie

4. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Pricing and the release date have not been provided by apple - they like to keep things secret ;)

5. Guest

Sky Blue

6. macrumors 6502

Last 2 releases for lion and ML were end of July, why is the holdup on this OSX anybody guess. I would be holding off does not matter when it comes out, happy with ML now.

7. macrumors regular

I'm still running Lion on my late 2011 MacBook Pro, I'm probably going to upgrade to Maverick if it's stable and worth it.

8. macrumors 6502a

Engineers were taken from Mavericks to work on iOS7.

That said, it makes sense for Apple to do a WWDC keynote demoing the new versions of OSX and iOS at the same time from now on.

9. ATC
    macrumors 6502a

As someone else already posted, I think Apple's timeline for Mavericks is a fall release so it's still perfectly on track. Having said that, 10.9 DP3 still has quite a few major wrinkles that have carried through from DP 1 and 2. I won't list them here as they're discussed in depth in Appleseed's own discussion forum but let me just say I'd be very impressed if it reaches GM status any time soon.

10. macrumors member

11. macrumors G3

Wouldn't that be 10.9.1 or 10.9.2? :cool:

12. macrumors member

good point! haha

13. macrumors 68030

Well given that i'm running DP3 and there are still a number of showstopper bugs, I'd say its some way off.

The latest example I am seeing is that the battery meter on my MBP does not update reliably.

e.g., last night it shut itself down with 0 battery when the battery indicator, activity manager and iStat Pro widget had all showed 25% remaining for well over 60 minutes :D

14. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They were but we have no idea of those engineers are still working on iOS7 or were brought back to the Mavericks team after iOS7 was put back on schedule with the additional resources.

Apple said the fall, that time frame September into December, a mighty big window of time to roll out the OS

15. macrumors 6502a

Tander

I'll upgrade the moment it's out.

The tabs and multi-screen features will be what drives me to upgrade.
    Currently ML is horrible for multi-screens.

16. macrumors newbie

I think, Mavericks will be released in October or November when Apple will show us new Haswell-based Macbook Pro & Macbook Pro Retina. And these macs already will be sold with Mavericks

Sorry for my bad English ;)

17. thread starter macrumors 68040

Badrottie

no your english is better than my english…trust me nobody here understand my english anymore and it is not my primary language….so anyway..You could be right but last year when Mountain Lion released without any new Mac at all. :apple:

18. macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

September 26

Edit: Just Kidding, that's my birthday so I'm hoping for a gift from Apple. :)

19. thread starter macrumors 68040

Badrottie

You will be lucky if Tim Cook read this thread he will send you one for free. :apple: