Release Dates For Rev B MacBooks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by speedemonV12, Apr 8, 2006.

1. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2005
    Hi guys, i was just wondering when you guys think that apple will be coming out with a rev b of the macbook pro, i was looking around to see if i could find out when they had done this previously for the ppc comps, like if it were each year, they released a revision, because i want to get the new macbook pro, but it seems to me that the one that they have out now is more of a place holder, they did nothing to the design of the computer at all, basically the only thing that they did was stick an Intel chip in there, (which i think is great btw), but i just cant see how after 3 years of development, the design team comes up with nothing new about the computer design, i just think that the next computer they release will be something really nice, and i am trying to decide if i should wait, and get the next one, of just get the one that they have out now. I have been waiting for a while for the comps with the intel chips to come out, and now that they are out, i have been wanting to get one for a while. But these computers look like they are just place holders, instead of a whole new design. I just dont know how much longer i can wait.

thanks for all your help
  2. comictimes macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Berkeley, California
    I don't know about when (if ever) they're gonna change the design of the macbook, but as for just the stuff on the inside, the next big change should be sometime early this fall, if I remember correctly, when Intel releases their next mobile chipset (Conroe...? can't remember what it's gonna be called...).

And that's when I'm upgrading my 'book :D
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    Merom comes out this fall, that would probably cause a chip bump in the 'Book lines, but if you're wating for the greatest and best, you'll forever be waiting. if you need a computer now. then get the current machines. if you can and want to wait then do so, but something better will always be around the corner, thats technology for you.
  4. danny_w macrumors 601

Mar 8, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, they may be placeholders, but what is wrong with the PowerBook design? I see no reason to change somehting that looks and works great already.

And btw, Apple apparently is already on rev "D" (or is it "F") of the MBP, and they still havent; fixed the problems with it. How many motherboard revisions is it going to take? I'm glad I have a PowerBook.
  5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    they are on "Rev D" of the motherboard only. which is common for any computer maker to do in a production machine, and as far as i know and have heard the newest motherboards eliminate the problems that some were having with the earlier revisions.
  6. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2005
    yes, i love the design also, but the thing that bothers me the most is the trackpad, how the clicker is still just one button, and does not have a right click. .For those of us that that want to run windows, it will be a pain in the ass to not have a right click, that means that i will have to carry around a mouse the whole time, and even in OS X, having a right click would be so much easier that having to hold down the option key( i think its the option one, dont know).