Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Come on guys, can't we at least be a little hopeful and positive for this movie? I mean, how bad can it be?

Sitcom actor that has gotten crap reviews in all of 'serious' roles, basically inexperienced director, writer and producer and a script that Woz bashed as way off fact. And the only publicly released clip was boring and a diaster in terms of everything.

Yeah how hideous can it be

That said, for the three gents behind the movie it was never really about getting it released etc. it's s resume line. They did the movie they have the footage that proves it, they can out it on their resumes and never actually release it. Still goes in their resumes, imdb etc

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
I think this film will be based more on Jobs as a young sales man and Im sure Kutcher captured his "persuasiveness" and that dynamic about how he is very "likable" and infectious.

That is what this movie is about.

People who worry about the details are missing the point, its not about the history of Apple computers.

Its about his alpha-ness and salesmanship.

Mystic386

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2011
100 Times Better !

Steve Jobs / Christian Bale Image

Yeah, like Steve Jobs portrayed with a mild lisp is going to work. Christian Bale is best in superhero roles, behind a mask, with a limited range.

I think Ashton was the right guy for the Jobs.

Jobs would never announce a product and not deliver it. Sounds more like a Microsoft release programme.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Yeah, like Steve Jobs portrayed with a mild lisp is going to work. Christian Bale is best in superhero roles, behind a mask, with a limited range.

I think Ashton was the right guy for the Jobs.

Jobs would never announce a product and not deliver it. Sounds more like a Microsoft release programme.

I guess you never seen The Fighter? check it out ! no hint of a superhero in that film. the fact is ,Ashton is not an Actor ! he is a retired model turned Prankster ! no wig or make up will ever change that !

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
in terms of acting maybe so. But not in terms of looks.

that's what it's all about . being able to make you forget that you are watching said actor portraying a role and getting you engulfed in the character . as far as resemblance, make up can do wonders nowadays ! Ashton has never had that kind of range in any film I've seen him in. you will never forget he is the guy from Punk'd in a wig . the clips I've seen give me a made for Tv vibe.

didgeridoo

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
If it's anything like his 2 1/2 Men performance, they should reshoot it with different actors or just shelve it and take the losses now.

Mal67

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2006
West Oz
Anyone that wants to know more about Steve Jobs would benefit from Walter Isaacson's biography of him. This movie would have to been given glowing reviews for me to even consider watching it. I waited 6 weeks to see The Fellowship Of The Ring, only grudgingly going to see when a friend reassured me that it hadn't made of a mess of the well loved story. The early reviews weren't that good for this Jobs flick and I suspect there was creative licensing distorting an otherwise good story. Maybe they are delaying it to re-edit it? It would of been interesting if Mac Rumors had posted a poll with this story asking whether or not we intend to see it.
I'll refer judgement until I see it. Interestingly I didn't really like the Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers movies and I went to see TRoftheK just to see how they finished it. I have seen all of them since.

scoobydoo99

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2003
Yeah.. not at all...

clothes and a haircut do not equate to "looking like" someone. The pic you reference demonstrates even better how they do not look alike. Ashton's face is jarringly dissimilar to Job's.

Plus, Ashton's "acting" is such that he always just seems to be Ashton, rather than the character he is playing.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
I'll refer judgement until I see it. Interestingly I didn't really like the Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers movies and I went to see TRoftheK just to see how they finished it. I have seen all of them since.

Perhaps you meant you're going to defer judgement until you see it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.