Released my iProcrastinate app, for free!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Littleodie914, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey guys, I finally finished (with some help from you all) my app I've been working on, iProcrastinate. It's free to download at my site, and I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions you have concerning it's progress. Thanks for listening, and for all your help along the way. :)

I'm on Digg too! :D

2. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

Nice job! How long did it take you to write this app? By the way, I dugg your story on digg. :)

3. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Nice! I will actually use this.. very handy. Thanks a lot. I dugg your story.

4. FredClausen macrumors regular

FredClausen

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I'll download it later...

KIDDING!
    I just downloaded it and messed with it a little.. I really like it!

Maybe, when adding a new event, instead of having to double click on it to change the name, it could come up as already editable, would be the only improvement I could think of. (that sentence made sense, right? :p)

6. ironic23 macrumors 6502

This is a really nice app. Very creative! Any chance you can integrate it with say iCal? Hehe. Having some form of reminders (alarm?) would be great. Some other suggestions (no offense to you! good job!):
    1. maybe the priority bar could have different colors depending on the priority level (red to green?)
    2. i really like the step-by-step completion. if you could add like a target date to complete particular steps, that'd help i think.

good job dude. :) thanks~

7. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

8. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Ditto on the other suggestions... I am definitely going to use this App!
    Good job.

9. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Thanks for the comments, it means a lot. :D

I'll add the auto-edit feature as requested by katie ta achoo today, and it should be up and ready to go in a couple of hours.

Thanks again! :)

10. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Working on it now :)

11. Bocheememon macrumors regular

Bocheememon

Nice app!

Nice application!

The setup is great! Why not send this to Apple to post for student applications?

I used iCal for classes, but it was hard mentally remembering which assignments were due first. Yes, they were labeled for the appropriate days, but your setup is better for students!

Nice job!

12. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Wow, thanks for all the comments guys! I never expected it would come across this good. :eek:

Just wanted to let you know I updated it, and added a date/completion column to the step tableview! Give the new one a shot. :)

I also updated the priority views to change colors, as requested previously. :)

(I'm still stuck on making the newly-added assignment auto-editable... Any hints can be PMed my way!)

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Dammit, where were you when I was at Uni?!

This would've been invaluable, I'm amazed nobody's thought of it before and very well done on creating such a simple yet really solid application. And it's farken quick too, starts up like *clicks fingers* on my old G4.

Will download the update now, this is gonna come in real handy next year, Graduate Diploma here I come!!!

14. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

A little late with this app aren't we...? ;)

This app looks like the **** though...seriously

15. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

wow, i just DL'ed, and this will help a ton. i've always struggled with organization at school and in general, so this will be a welcome tool!

16. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Maybe im just an idiot and missed it, but i would like an update button, so I don't have to keep checkin if you have made a new version.

17. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Haha one step at a time chief :D

18. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

love the app, can't wait to put it to the real test when schools starts ;)
    I also love the name....very thoughtful :D

19. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I downloaded and love it.. As mentioned above, it would be really nice if it had integration w/ iCal. (Not that it isn't already awesome) That way you could use Konfabulator (is it?) too. Nice job though.. Can you alert us of updates here?

20. _Matt macrumors 6502

Wow. This app rocks! I'm already using it to plan out my summer schoolwork (which I have not started!).

Excellent Job. I know you're probably being bogged down with a whole bunch of requested features, but when you have the time can you make the window listing the different class names expandable so we can see the full name of the class. Kind of like the side list in iTunes. That way when we fill the screen with the app we can see the full names of all the classes.

Can't wait to see what improvements you will make to this great app next!

_Matt

21. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

It looks great, I plan to use it for work and home (my two "classes" :p ).

I agree with the iCal integration, but maybe that's hard to do without cooperation from Apple? I know nothing at all about developing...:confused:

22. solaris macrumors 6502a

solaris

I have a small hint!
    Create a compressed disk image and the download size go from 576KB to 56KB. ;)

23. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I already commend him for his work.. but you shouldn't need any help from Apple w/ integration in iCal.

24. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Seriously? :eek: Wow I had no idea that type of compression was available. I'll see how that works. Thanks!

Edit: Wow, thanks a bunch! Worked great, and kept it read-only. (I remember this was why I didn't try it in the first place, I was worried it would be user-editable.)

25. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Alright guys, more updates coming!

One I've got finished is improved resizing of the class view. (As someone requested.)

I'm trying to getting the auto-edit feature to work (requested by katie ta achoo) but am having trouble finding documentation or any resources on how to do so.