reliable insider info on new towers

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Apophe, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Apophe macrumors newbie

Hi people,

Just got a piece of encouraging nfo that i thought I would share. I work for a local ad agency and we have strong ties with a regional mac distributor who's name i wish not to divulge. They informed us that Apple has told them that there current stock of towers was all that was left for the current line, basically saying that they would receive no more quicksilvers. So thats a sure sign somthin is up soon. Also they said that when the crystal clear savings deal ends this month the discounted price reflected in that deal will become the new retail price for those lcd monitors. So you heard it hear first, take it as you will.:)

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

I'd be willing to believe:

The LCD's at reduced cost and "Apollo G4's. Apple has it's own LCD production facilities. It was in a very small article about a year ago. They bought an LCD plant.

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

sounds pretty good.... ;)

I wonder how long it's going to be before they run out of G4 inventory?

4. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Inventory

Typically the high end machines run out first, leaving only the low end and reconditioned units. That usually happens about three weeks out from the change.It often takes 6 months to dump the low end ones though so good deals will be had in about 4 months.

5. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

So, do we think apollo's next month + G5's late summer?

6. dantec macrumors 6502a

7. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

-Falleron

Yeah, that seems most in keeping with the evidence. Then again, after OJ what does evidence mean?

8. samy85114 macrumors regular

education price list!!!

I could say I realized it long time ago, ( well 5 days ago... )during reading the Canadian education price list, no more PowerMac G4 ( tower) were listed in it, so I just tought about it, they are preparing their stock for a new model.. however it's impossible to purchase one from the educational list, but anyway i don't mind, i'm just waiting for a beautiful G5 tower... nothing else.! And by the way, does anybody here want to buy a tower at this moment...

Best buy right now is : Tower 867Mhz G4 superdrive, 15"inch LCD screen... only $3000 US(almost), Great deal !!! don't miss your chance..
    I,M kiddin' but just to say where's the logic? You have the possibility to purchase it for almost $1000 less... That's why they gonna change the it as soon as possible, anyway they don't have any choice. As I said before, who's gonna buy even the cheapest tower??? The highest iMac beating the lowest Tower ??? it's increadible !

So what about you? Am I right????