Reliable SATA for G4 DP 500?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mackey, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Mackey macrumors newbie

Can anyone recommend an PCI SATA controller card with proven reliability in a G4 DP tower? I tried the new SIIG 4 port model recently. When I had problems moving files (hundreds of times slower than it should have been), SIIG tech support told me there were known, unsolved issues that were going to become worse and permanent and that I need to return the card. Pretty damned annoying that they don't warn you of this before you buy. Now weeks have gone by, I'm going to pay shipping twice and possibly a restocking fee and and I've got a 500 GB internal and no controller. If there's nothing reliable out there, perhaps someone can recommend a reliable Ultra ATA card....

Thanks,
    Chris

2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

I've had 2 Firmtek SeriTek 1S2 cards in my DP 500 Sawtooth for over 1.5 years now, notta problemo......

I dont think this particular card is made any more, but other similar models are........Acard & Sonnet also make them, but I have no experience with their SATA cards.

But FWIW, I had a Sonnet Tempo ATA/100 card in my smurfbox years ago and never had any problems with it all....