Reloaded DVD

Discussion in 'Community' started by job, Oct 13, 2003.

1. job macrumors 68040

job

It's coming tomorrow. Who's going to buy it?

I'm sure WB will release a 3-4 disc set just in time for Christmas with all three movies and more special features than you have time for. But since I can't wait, I'll probably buy Reloaded tomorrow.

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

It's already out over here, I'm getting mine at the weekend, since they haven't released a Directors Cut of the original, I don't see a problem, and even if the do an enhanced 3 film box set, I'll pick it up anyway:D

3. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

I'll be waking up early tomorrow so I can make it to the store and buy it :)

I forgot to pre-order mine and all the stores around here are notorious about not ordering enough copies of something, so I wanna make sure they don't run out.

For example, when Soul Calibur 2 was released, I had to go to 3 different stores before I could find a copy. Bastards.

enoch

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I'm buying it. I'm not sure if there will be a 3 disc set until April or May when Revolutions is out.

5. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I got to see a copy of it this weekend, like the movie it was nothing special. If anything with the picture being so much clearer it made some of the fx shots all the more cheesier. I was disappointed in the movie and watching it again didn't do anything.

The extra DVD had some behind the scenes stuff, but it was nothing special really.

6. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Revolutions comes out November 5.

7. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

I think he means "out" as in DVD.

I'm definitely waiting to buy a box set.

-jeff

8. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Box sets are pimp. I'm waiting for the six disc box set of all three films, the Animatrix, and the behind the scenes info.

9. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I've gotta say - I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't think it was as good as the first. I just can't figure out why. The stunts were amazing, there were some great new characters, but I was still somewhat disappointed. It pisses me off, too, because I just can't get revved up for Revolutions like I want to.

I should start a support group.

10. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

I suspect Revolutions will be better than Reloaded, but The Matrix stands alone.

11. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

12. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Did you write that, or is it just coincidence that your opinion coincides perfectly with the manufactured opinion of the corporate press?

13. sketchy macrumors regular

I liked the second one -- not as much as the first, but I was not disappointed. The special effects in the first Matrix were new and amazing, no one had seen them before. and the story was 'original' and very engaging. and the fight scenes were really cool.

But since the first one we have gotten an influx of Japanese and Chinese fighting choreography and the bullet time is used in commercials and overused in almost every game.

Most of my coworkers did not like the second movie. I asked them why and the were expecting it to have the impact of the first movie, plot, effects, and all. I went expecting al whole lot of plot development -- which they gave us, and the effects were neat.

The fact that you know he is going to live does hamper the suspense. Though I think they did a better sequel then attack of the clones.. and the first new star wars movie. For me they were letdowns. Both of em... Lots of eye candy and look at my special effects.

Dave

14. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

No I didn't write it, it just coincidence that my opinion coincides perfectly with the manufactured opinion of the corporate press? :rolleyes:

God forbid anyone agrees with something the corporate press writes.

15. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Sorry, I suppose I'm a bit cynical before my morning classes :D

16. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz