Remanufactured Ink Cartridges

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MACDRIVE, Nov 22, 2006.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Are they any good, or should I spend the extra $10 for a new one? :confused:

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I've actually found, in some cases, that the store brand (remanufactured) cartridges can work better than a brand new cartridge.

3. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Not for Epson. Have yet to find any that work without clogging the heads and/or give the same print quality.

Other brands have worked well though.......

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i tried them once.. and never again! colours were just not very realistic at all.. :(

i'd rather spend the extra few quid on the correct brand cartridges..

6. geffklusner macrumors newbie

Disappointed in the Quality of Less Expensive Papers?

I have tried many other makes of papers and the results have ranged from mediocre to disastrous. To date only International Paper's

Pro Gloss and Pro Satin deliver prints equal in brilliance and color to the printer manufacturer's best papers.

The prints come out with the same colors as when fully dried, which doesn't take long. It's also not quite as glossy, which actually makes it nicer for the much-handled 4x6" size prints that you print and share.

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

ConsumerReports (as of Fall of 2007) states that third party ink supply are generally not up to par. Typically they are of lower quality, color consistency, and may come with less ink so it cost the same per page.

Not sure about remanufactured ones though.

As to color difference on different paper, that's a professional issue. google: Printer Profiling

8. moonija macrumors newbie

reply to cartridges

I've made this expierience too...
    depends on what You expect the cartridges to do, my documents are just fine with remanufactured cartridges;)
    and it's easy to get them...for example - I just go on one of my favourite sites www.cartridges.net and make an order...
    where do you usually get yours from?:confused:

9. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

Check out my thread here.

Going with refilled ink tanks or even refilling them yourself might not be the problem.. the PRINTER might be the problem. As you can see in my thread, my canon won't LET me print with my refilled cartridge right now because it says it's low on ink.

10. moonija macrumors newbie

I also have a Canon.... and mine let's me to do whatever I want ;)
    Well, ok, your situation is not funny at all...
    I cannot imagine, what could you do....replace cartridges?

11. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Me too. When I had my Epson printer it used to cost me $50 for ink. ($30 color, $20 black) I found a site online that sold it for $11 ($6 color, $5 black) and the cartridges lasted way longer than the Epson and didn't dry out as fast.

Don't go too cheap though. I found color and black at a computer show once for like $5 and $4 bucks and they leaked all over the place.

12. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

Epson is notorious for clogged printheads, using Epson ink or not. Been there done that -- will never buy an Epson printer again.

13. remmy macrumors 6502a

I agree very very poor. And the ink is so expensive but does not seem to last long at all.