Remember the guy in our complex...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Feb 12, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Who has the car that talks all night long?

Well he parked it under a set of trees that keep dropping snow on it and the car says: "Please step away from the car."

Then if a big piece of snow falls on it goes "I've been tampered with, I've been tampered with" about five times with bells and whistles.

I have an article to write and this is about to drive me crazy. It's been going on for three hours.

What do I do? I have no idea where he lives.

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

3. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I'd rather throw a fire bomb through the back window of his car.

4. Little King macrumors member

Well, if and when it stops, just leave a polite note on his windscreen. If that doesn't do the trick, just take a sledge hammer to it. :D

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Turn your music up loud and drown it out

Since the only reason for having a warning means parking close enough to your own property to hear it, he might not be around if this is ongoing.

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

My antidote for the noisy environment I find myself in is to use earplugs and then listen to my music through headphones ... it blocks out just about everything.

7. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

Maybe you should just try writing another note? :)

Or just go slash 'em!

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Call the apartment manager and see if they can check it out...it's a public nuisance. You can probably call the police if that doesn't work out. I'm sure they have a lot on their plate today, but overactive car alarms are often illegal.

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Get a little creative -

Grab a vocoder, a voice-recorder and put down some choice words of your choice.

Then take your car down there and put the recorder on a loop. Create a conversation.

On a more serious note, you might be able to track down the guy's address or phone # by his license plate.

Odd problem to run into...

10. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I like the firebomb approach, but I have left a note on his car once, and I will do it again later.

I wish I still had my pellet gun.

11. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Try negotiating with him [the car]? :eek: :p :D

More seriously, go knock on every door if it's not too late a t night. If it is too late at night, chances are there's nobody around so go deflate the tyres to vent your frustration.

The last suggestion is obviously a joke. Or is it?

12. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Yeah, I just told Rob that I didn't want to call the police because I am sure they are busy with much more important stuff - we have a lot of people without power in the area.

13. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

Firebombing, while appropriate, is a bit complex for this situation. I have dealt with past car related infractions by going to the local gas station, buying a gas can, filling it up, then emptying it on the offending vehicle. Gas stations will also usually give you a pack of matches for free. You'll be about five bucks out of pocket.

14. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Good to see sound reasoning emerge.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A quick solution would be to get some of those industrial noise-killing headphones. My dad brings some home from work occasionally and they're just brilliant. they have these new ones that somehow cancel out everything but human voice. sure they're quiet but they're a life saver in noisy work environments.

all good.

16. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Yeah -- you can make a petion to have the car evicted from the complex, or towed, so that's your cover for knowcking on doors. Eventually, you;ll hit the guy who says "Whaddya mean, that's my car", then you can say to him "Well buddy, 72 other people think you're a jerk"

We've got an apartment building beside us and every week at least one night someone's car alarm goes off on a false alarm, with the sirens and whoop de doops. At 3 in the morning, I long for a RPG so I can just lean out the bedroom window and silence the thing.

17. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I'm distressed that the car uses first person. And as emotionally charged a word as "tampered."

Don't hesitate to call the police. If they have better things to do, they'll take their time getting there. You're not paying your taxes so that this dimwit can intrude on your peace and quiet.

18. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

And...it's a 1997 Honda Civic for Christ's sake. :rolleyes:

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmmm, Gary. :( I don't know about the laws there, but this *is* a violation of law in most places. I think you should just call the police too. This person needs to learn a lesson, that protecting her or his property is not worth making everyone else's lives miserable. :(

20. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

For all the time that will be spent posting in this thread, it would be better to just deal with it as best you can by listening to music with headphones. Before you know it, you will get into a passable comfort zone and be able to finish your writing.

21. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

22. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Anne Arundel County Police to the rescue.

Responded in five minutes, and then the asshat had to walk out and disarm and move it while they wrote him a ticket. :D

23. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

LOL!!!

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Haha, a 1997 Honda Accord. :p

Not a bad idea.

And this is worth calling the police about because it's disturbing not just you, but dozens of other people as well.

And one time, I saw the car of a guy I didn't like, and (this was when I was much younger as a Uni student (3 years ago)) I pissed on his car's door keyhole and it froze. My friend pissed on the windshield and it froze as well....

At least the car doesn't start yelling out, "Help, I'm being touched in ways that I shouldn't be!!"

25. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

You, Sir, just made yourself a new friend! :eek: :D :D :D :D