Reminder to check your Credit Report

Discussion in 'Community' started by calyxman, May 31, 2005.

1. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

As a public service reminder, those of you living in the southeastern states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas need to log onto www.annualcreditreport.com to pull a free credit report from each of the three burueas.

This is not one of those gimmick websites that you hear about on the radio, this is the real deal, but you have until tomorrow I think to get your free copies.

I just ran mine today. You do have to follow the on screen instructions carefully as you'll have to pull your report from each bureau. Make sure to print or save your actual reports, which should consist of all of your accounts, inquiries, and personal information.

You won't get your actual score with your free report; you have to pay for that. But at least you can view your credit history and spot check any errors.

Take advantage of this opportunity. I've had many clients who were unaware of the errors on their credit reports and it cost them with either higher rate loans or even not getting a loan. You'll be amazed at the screwups that happen and without your knowledge, those mistakes can damage you. Don't let it happen.

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

... starting June 1 (tomorrow).

But yes, thanks for the reminder. Whenever I've ordered credit reports in the past, there are inevitably a few mistakes there (especially since my father and I have the same first name, middle initial and last name).