Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajtessin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
Irvine
Does anybody know of any software that will let me connect remotely to a computer running OS10. We are installing the new Microsoft Small Business Server on our network (primarily PC's) the software allows people to connect directly to their computers at work, as long as they are on, and they can run programs, edit fies, and vew the network from any computer with a internet connection. Do you know if there is somthing like this that will work if someone wanted to connect to a mac at our office from a mac at their house?

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
if you dont need to view the desktop of the remote computer, and you are comfortable with the terminal, you can just use ssh.
ssh <ip_of_the_terminal>
EDIT : sorry , I didnt see os10 before. I am not sure it can be done on OS10.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Originally posted by abhishekit
if you dont need to view the desktop of the remote computer, and you are comfortable with the terminal, you can just use ssh.
ssh <ip_of_the_terminal>
EDIT : sorry , I didnt see os10 before. I am not sure it can be done on OS10.
OS10 <->OS X. Since it's based on UNIX, every copy of OS X has sshd (the server part of ssh) installed, and it can be turned on from the Sharing preference pane. I use it quite often to connect to my Beige at home, useful if something is blocked from school ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.