Remote Access

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajtessin, Feb 9, 2004.

1. ajtessin macrumors newbie

Does anybody know of any software that will let me connect remotely to a computer running OS10. We are installing the new Microsoft Small Business Server on our network (primarily PC's) the software allows people to connect directly to their computers at work, as long as they are on, and they can run programs, edit fies, and vew the network from any computer with a internet connection. Do you know if there is somthing like this that will work if someone wanted to connect to a mac at our office from a mac at their house?

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

if you dont need to view the desktop of the remote computer, and you are comfortable with the terminal, you can just use ssh.
    ssh <ip_of_the_terminal>
    EDIT : sorry , I didnt see os10 before. I am not sure it can be done on OS10.

3. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

This will only work if you are connecting to a computer running Windows 2000 with Terminal Services, XP, or 2003. Windows 2000 Professional cannot be connected to via RDC, I believe.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

OS10 <->OS X. Since it's based on UNIX, every copy of OS X has sshd (the server part of ssh) installed, and it can be turned on from the Sharing preference pane. I use it quite often to connect to my Beige at home, useful if something is blocked from school ;)