Remote Apple Desktop/VNC not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Natasha007, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Natasha007 macrumors newbie

I had Chicken VNC/Remote Apple Desktop working fine before on OSX 10.3.9, but now that I need it again, I can't get it to work. The hardware is all there and working. I managed to log onto someone else's mac while testing, but the other way round didn't work.

- IP addresses are right
    - Remote Apple Desktop is checked off
    - Firewall settings seem to be OK
    - Router seems OK

I had this checked by others and we're stumped.

I am running two imacs through a router, nothing fancy. And it all worked fine before, the before being before I stopped using it for a few months.

Any helpful suggestions are welcome!

2. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

me too

I'm having a similar problem. I had been running ARD on my tower, and using Chicken to access it on my laptop. I recently changed our wireless network (AEBS) from no security, to MAC filtering, and am thinking that's what is causing the problem. I have looked at the port maping which is correct and my firewall is not on but the ARD box is checked anyway. I haven't changed anything else, at least that I can remember. I can't see why changing the security settings would affect VNC/ARD either. So if anyone has an idea, that would be helpful.

Thanks.

3. Natasha007 thread starter macrumors newbie

If you do a search with ARD in this forum, you'll see quite a few tips, which I noticed while I was searching for an answer.

In my case the router was acting up.

Good luck!