Remote Buddy = Best app ever.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 2tallyAwesome, Jan 27, 2007.

1. 2tallyAwesome macrumors regular

Hey there. I just wanted to sing the praises of this little application I came across. I'm sure this is a repost, but I didn't see it around anywhere.

http://www.iospirit.com/index.php?mode=view&obj_type=infogroup&obj_id=23

With this, you can control your entire computer with your apple remote. For macbooks, this means you can put it in clamshell mode, hook it up to a tv, and watch a movie or control applications you couldn't with front row.

As I said, best program ever.

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm partial to Salling Clicker myself, but it only works with phones and PDAs with Bluetooth or WiFi. Using the remote is pretty cool.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

What will be cook is when/if someone comes out with an app to remote control your mac with iPhone, possibly a full on VNC...

4. Merlyn3D macrumors regular

Haha.....I LOVE the fact that it takes 2 clicks to make the wii remote work with remote buddy. Too bad there's no support for the motions yet though....hehe...but it's such a great program, I jumped on it at the intro price, this program is worth more than $13.

5. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

i prefer sofa control, mainly because i got a free serial key but yeh they all seem to have the same basics in them.

6. phuong macrumors 6502a

you are right. i just downloaded & tried them out. both are nice, and cheap. and they have different controlling approaches. the Sofa remote is less obvious (in the sense that it doesn't show a menu showing what kind of action it can do) but all in all they both can make an excellent clicker for keynotes/powerpoint presentation.

one thing though.
    they disabled the iAlertU

7. redmeister macrumors 6502

hmm good deal, thanks for the link! had not seen this one before

8. macincar macrumors member