Remote Buddy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JDN, Mar 19, 2007.

1. JDN macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2006
    Lund Sweden {London England}
    This stems from the 'Where do you keep your apple remote' thread and a piece of software mentioned ... 'Remote Buddy'.

I am surprised i haven't seen more talk of it on the forums considering how many people are into their funky software. The app brings a whole new level of functionality to the apple remote.

The website is here:

(I'm afraid i don't know how to link through a word)

When i downloaded the free trial i didn't think i would use it all that much. But now i just can't stop. Granted, some people will say they are never far enough away from their MB/MBP/iMac to warrant such software ... all i can say is download the trial.

You can map new apps extremely easily, the software is very user friendly even for those of us who aren't so mac literate. There are also video tutorials online to show you all the features and how to use the extra functions (such as mapping new apps).

Just download it and see.....
  2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

Jan 25, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks for the link...looks interesting. link through a word (or words), just select the words you want to change into the link first before clicking the insert link tool.
  3. macg4 macrumors 6502a

Nov 17, 2003
    Des Moines,Iowa
    very interesting, will have to d/l it and give it a try
  4. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2007
    yes this software rocks. I found it thanks to this forum this last weekend. It seems very cool to use.

5. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Dec 13, 2004
    are there any free remote apps out there? All the ones i've seen have been about 20$
  6. konfuzion macrumors member

Jul 7, 2006
    Bay Area
    Remote buddy seems to really slow down Front Row. I shut it off because Front Row becomes really choppy with Remote Buddy enabled.
  7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Is this app better than

Sofa Control ?

Cuz I dig that one....

edit* I like how remote buddy has presets for browsers