Remote Capture on Mac with Canon A620??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by lzoc, Jun 6, 2006.

1. lzoc macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am considering a Canon A620 purchase, but the main thing I will do with it is remote capture through USB on a Mac (have 500MHz slot loading iMac).

My question is: Does remote capture work on a Mac with the A620? The reason that I ask is that on a Canon web page I saw, the SDK (software development kit) for the remote capture functions for the S80 and the A620 is different from the older Canons, and it looks like they only have a Windows version out now.

The web page I am referring to is:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...Sdk_Lic&fcategoryid=322&modelid=11368&id=3464

and from that page I quote:

"PS-ReC SDK 1.1 (Windows only) supports remote control including video out with the PowerShot S3 IS, S80 and A620 models exclusively."

So, my question is, does the A620 at least ship with Macintosh USER software that will do remote capture?

Please reply only if you own a A620 and a Mac, and have direct experience.

Thanks,
    Lzoc
    Roswell, Georgia
    lzoc@yahoo.com
    Please reply by email to above address as well as posting here, please.

2. calebmcd macrumors newbie

Yes

I just purchased a Canon Powershot A620 about a month ago, and the remote capture works perfectly with my Powerbook using the standard USB cord that comes with the camera. So yes, the packaged software (CameraWindow and associated utilities) does come in a Mac version. I'm running Tiger on a Powerbook G4.