Remote CD burning over Airport?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by GeeYouEye, Sep 6, 2002.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

Dec 9, 2001
    State of Denial
    I have an iMac DV+ hooked up to a 4x4x6 CD-RW drive. I have a playlist of songs that I want burned on my iBook. Is there any way, using Airport, to burn the CD, other than copying the songs, or if not, if it would be possible in a later version of OS X/iTunes?
  2. Choppaface macrumors 65816

Jan 22, 2002
    hmmmm you might be able to do it with ssh eh? although that wouldn't help you burn out of itunes he he
  3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

Dec 3, 2001
    Sometimes Tokyo, sometimes California
    I'm not sure if there is currently a way of doing it, but I am sure you would be able to do it when iTunes 3.1 or whatever comes out, which would be Rendevous enabled. You would be able to see the playlist from your other Mac, if both have Jaguar that is.

4. peterjhill macrumors 65816

Apr 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    When the Rendezvous enabled version of iTunes comes out, you will only be able to stream mp3s from one computer to another, not burn a cd from one to computers library on another.

What do you want to play the disk in? A consumer cd player with mp3 capabilities? If you just want to play them on a mac, use Disk Copy to create a blank cd image. Then open iTunes and then drag and drop the songs to the cd image. Then copy the image from one computer to the other, then you can burn the disk image.

If you want to play them on your car stereo, then you will need to copy the songs to the mac with the burner. You could either use the method above, or copy the songs to your public folder and turn on file sharing.