Remote control from iMac on MacPro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by treecat, Jan 29, 2007.

1. treecat macrumors newbie

Has any one tried connect Remote control from iMac (Intel based) to MacPro via third's party IR reciver?

2. Rad macrumors regular

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

oh man that is so cool, I can't wait to get home and try it:D

4. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I did that hack that Rad posted and had front row working beautifully. As of yesterday front row no longer works, and I have no idea why. Maybe a security update messed it up or something. Got any ideas Rad?

5. Rad macrumors regular

Updates

I have the latest Apple updates, including the security and Airport updates. Just checked and everything still works fine. Running a Mac Pro Quad 3.0 with 6 GB Ram, RAID 0 Raptor 150 X 2 boot volume and 3 other internal SATA drives.

6. coolbits macrumors member

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's sweet. I actually have an old MCE2005 micrsoft reciever from an old media center pc, and so I thought I'd give it a try with the Mira software and to my amazement it works great with it & the apple remote.

Class.

8. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

weird... I merely made mention in a past posting of doing the preference file changes to enable Front Row on my Mac Pro, said I ran into a problem with my USB and ended up restoring the original files, and my post was deleted by a moderator. :eek: My posting didn't have any external links or anything.

There was a bit of a rebuff by a fellow forum member, who compared enabling Front Row on a Mac Pro with hacking a trial version of iLife (hmm... not quite, in my book, since I'm not currently given the option to "upgrade" my Mac Pro to use its built-in Front Row files, nor am I given any sort of "trial" usage, but meh...) :rolleyes:

It all seemed a little police state to me, but I've been afraid to broach the topic since then!