Remote Desktop 2.2 controlling VNC enabled PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nsutt22, Aug 12, 2005.

1. nsutt22 macrumors regular

nsutt22

what is a good VNC software to install on my PC that is free that I can use Remote Desktop 2.2 to control?

ThankS!

2. nsheikh80 macrumors regular

nsheikh80

I don't really understand the question. But I use OSXVnc Server on my Mac and I use Real VNC as a client on my Windows laptop. I can connect to my Mac from anywhere in the world.

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I'm guessing you mean you want to control the PC from the Mac? Just put the standard VNC server on your PC and use a Mac VNC client like Chicken of the VNC. Or, if Remote Desktop can connect to it, use that.

http://www.realvnc.com/

4. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Same here. Except, my PC is at BestBuy for a free diagnostic test. Oh well, that just means I get to know my iBook better! YAY! :D :p :D

5. nsutt22 thread starter macrumors regular

nsutt22

Sorry for the long reply, gone from computer... on the new version of ARD - it says that it can control a PC from a Mac with ARD 2.2 if the PC has a VNC client enabled. I was wondering if anyone was doing this yet and what VNC client they where using on their PC.

Mac ... controlling a PC is the goal

Apple remote desktop says i can do it... so does apple :) just gotta find the right vnc for pc

6. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

As I linked above, just get the RealVNC server from the official site. That'll work just fine.