remote desktop app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by accordingi2ime, Nov 12, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 25, 2010
    I just got an ipad and am looking for a remote desktop app to access my computers at home and office. (2 macs 1 pc)

Is there one that is better?
    There seems to be many choices. logmein and iteleport look like they are pretty good.
    Any of them do sound?

Any thought appreciated.

Thanks in advance. ;)
  2. macrumors regular

Oct 18, 2010
    There is a number of options out there from LogMeIn to VNCs and RDP. Iv tried most of them and have found VNC to be the fastest. I run 3 different VNC servers from multiple locations and think VNC is the fastest option. I use REAl VNC server with the Real VNC Viewer. Iv tried iteleport and it worked well but IMO VNC Viewer was just as good and prob a better match for the Real VNC server. Logmein is super slow next to a vnc and so was RDP.
  3. macrumors member

Apr 13, 2010
    I'm using team viewer 5. Works for me. Try it because it is free anyway.
  4. macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2008
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

TeamViewer rocks. You can access your computer via: iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and otter computers. Best yet, its free for non comercial use.
  5. mudslag, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010

macrumors regular

Oct 18, 2010

That to was another I tried and still slower, I hope you all know you can setup free VNC servers.

OP you might want to look at this thread
  6. macrumors 65816

Jun 14, 2010
    Splashtop remote is the best for pc access via wifi.
    Amazing speed for flash videos and flash games.
  7. macrumors 6502

Jun 4, 2010
    Toronto, Duh!
  8. macrumors newbie

Sep 2, 2010
    Jump Desktop for me since it does both RDP and VNC, and it saves all my configured clients to the cloud so if I reinstall it, I just login and it resync's all my configured remote clients so there's no reprogramming all the sessions. It also allows me to manipulate the RDP sessions so I can use 768x1024 (portrait) instead of just the default 1024x768 (landscape).
  9. macrumors regular

Oct 18, 2010
    to bad it wont work with multiple monitors. I think I might like it more if the ipad res was bigger as well. VNC IMO is still better.
  10. macrumors newbie

Nov 16, 2010
    Teamviewer works well but MAC is still on version 4 and they have said nothing about when it will be updated to version 5.

Now they have version 6 for windows in beta and they still won't say if MAC will ever be upgraded to version 5 or 6.

The support they give to the MAC users sucks.
  11. macrumors 6502

May 24, 2009