Remote Desktop Client & Printer Sharing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lopresmb, Dec 10, 2005.

1. lopresmb macrumors 6502

Hey all, I had a couple of questions:

1) Using Microsoft Remote Desktop Client for Mac: I am able to remotely control the PC beautifully, but is there any to drag and drop items from one machine to another?? Do I have to share files across a network or is there any to move files back and forth using the RDC??

2) I am having trouble getting a PC to print on my printer that is attached to and shared on my Mac. I have enabled Windows sharing as well as printer sharing, but I can't see the printer any where on my PC (although I can see my computer).

--Any thoughts, comments and solutions would be greatly appreciated.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does this help? It's not particularly user-friendly but it was made by Microsoft... :eek:

I think I actually recommend the direct network file-sharing route. :)

Try Bonjour for Windows. :)

3. lopresmb thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the networking tip, yeah, you jsut have to access the networked disks and access them from the Mac desktop --- no drag and drop with RDC I suppose,

but in terms of the bonjour setup -- I installed it on the bonjor software on the PC, and now it will see the Epson printer on the Mac, the drivers are installed, but it still gets a communication error when trying to print to the Mac. :mad:

P.S. Thanks for the tips Mad, I feel like I am about 3/4 of the way there, its just the actually getting it to work part that is getting on my nerves.

P.S.S. - thanks in advance to anyone else who has any ideas or solutions !!

4. lopresmb thread starter macrumors 6502

Whats going on????

so new development--

I am still getting nothing to print from the shared printer on the Mac, but the files that I try to print show up in the completed tab of the printer on my Mac. WEIRD, anybody know whats going on????