Remotely controlling MacOS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by icetraxxg5, Mar 18, 2003.

1. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know of an application that will allow me to remotely control my MacOS X machine from windows? I know I can remotely control a Windows machine from another Windows machine and from a MacOS X machine using Microsoft Netmeeting...

2. szark macrumors 68030

szark

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

ARD is a mac only app. try timbuku which has very nice features, or if you want to go the easy and free route go with vnc.

iJon

4. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

i haven't used timbuktu in a couple years now... how's the performance compared to vnc?

5. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

VNC...

I never tried Timbuktu, but I use "Share My Desktop" (VNC Server for OS X) Go to versiontrakcer.com to dowmlaod it. Install any VNC veiwer application on the mahcine you want to use to remote control your Mac. If you are using a router you will have to setup port-fowarding.

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

www.haxial.com has a nice trial of remote admin tool. it's really simple and seems to work just fine for me for this week, which is the only time i need to use it.

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It depends on how much control you need. If you can use a command line tool, just turn on SSH Login in your sharing preferences, and you can do almost anything through a terminal application on any system. And that's free! If you need more control, like seeing and controlling the desktop, yeah, go with the programs everyone else said, timbuktu probably being the best.

JW