Removal of personal "won" eBay history? [Possibily Wrong Forum]

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bakey, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Bakey macrumors 6502

Hi there,

This may seem something of an odd request - but I have my reasons and they are that my boss knows my eBay user-name and I really do not want him viewing my previous eBay purchases through following my feedback links!

I know they [the links] eventually expire, but the goods I've been purchasing aren't for his knowledge on a number of levels! [It's nothing dodgy, but I can't be doing with the ever likely inquisition should he find out!]

I've had a look around eBay [UK] itself and can't find anything quite along the lines of what I'm after -- is it even possible, or do I have to simply ride the wave of the next few weeks/months until said links eventually expire?!?

Many thanks in advance... ;)

2. kas1965 macrumors newbie

why don't you just change your ebay account name.

its easy and you keep you good trading history with a new name.

Karl

3. Queso macrumors G4

Set up an eBay account in his actual name, buy lots of Nazi memorabilia, then decorate his office with it and take some photos.

I'm sure you can see where this suggestion is going... :D

4. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Unless you previously set the auction as 'private' you can't do it unfortunately. Also, for the 30 days when the user-name changes I'm pretty sure that anyone who tries to access the old one gets redirected to your new one.

Sorry!

AppleMatt

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Someone been shopping on work time?

You could always hack his hosts file so he can't get to eBay...

6. Bakey thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the clarification there folks; I kind of figured I'd have to endure the possibility of him looking through my feedback and seeing what kind of stuff I'd been buying!

It's not a problem me buying and selling stuff during works time - it's more a fact that I really don't want him getting wind of what it is I've been buying... As the bits and pieces I've been successfully winning will possibly lead him to think I'm "up to something" and may cause him concern regarding my future position at the company!

And do you know what? He'd be quite right in thinking this! :p

Anyway, that's for the future... ;)

7. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

it sounds like someone is "up to something." my idea is don't be "up to something" and your boss shouldn't have an issue.