remove a provisioning profile from itunes ?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by chenks, Sep 20, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

chenks

how do i remove a provisioning profile from itunes?

at some point in the past i must have dragged a provisioning profile that i created into itunes, and now every time i sync my iphone, the profile is added back on to the iphone.

even though i remove it from the iphone in settings > general > profiles, it is re-added when i sync.

i have had a look thru the various itunes folders and can't see anything relevant.

the itunes library in question is running on a different system than where xcode is used to develop, so it is not xcode (or anything related to that) that is installing the profile on the iphone.

any ideas ?

2. macrumors 603

Try a Spotlight search.

Mine shows a bunch in ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

chenks

4. macrumors newbie

How do I get to ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles? (windows)

5. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

That folder doesn't exist on Windows... the exact location is going to depend on which version of Windows you have.

6. macrumors newbie

I am trying to remove a provision file from Windows Vista Home Edition, can anyone make any suggestions?

7. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

I'd look first in the hidden AppData folder in your user folder. To make that visible you need to enable Show Hidden Files/Folders in Folder Options, first. Then open your user folder via whatever method you prefer, and navigate from there to AppData. Mind you, there's a LOT of stuff in there, but you should find folders related to stuff that's installed (or was installed in the past). You want an Apple folder, iTunes folder, or something of that nature.

8. macrumors newbie

Finally! I have been trying to figure this out for days, seriously ruining my beta testing. Thank you for your help.

For future reference in case someone googles my question:
    (folder options - hidden files must be shown)
    [computer name] - appdata - roaming - apple computer - mobiledevice - provisioning profiles

Thank you wrldwzrd89!