Remove a toolbar from MS Word?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gary King, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Gary King macrumors 6502

How do I remove a toolbar from Microsoft Word, and make it gone for good? I can remove it for one session, but when I restart MS Word, then the toolbar reappears. The specific one that I am talking about is the Adobe Acrobat PDFMaker toolbar, which is very annoying. I even deleted it and it still reappeared.

2. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Click on the arrow at the end of the the toolbar and go to customize toolbars/menus. on the toolbar tab, unclick the toolbars you don't want on the left had side. That will should stop it from appearing again. It works for me.

3. Gary King thread starter macrumors 6502

As I said, I even deleted the toolbar (and yes, I tried unchecking before that), and it still wouldn't work.

4. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I assume your using Abobe Acrobat Professional, I'm sure there is an option in that program so you can turn the office integration off, I'm pretty sure thats what I did for Office on windows, a while back, unfortunately I do not have access to my PC at the moment, Try preferences though in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

5. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Sounds like you're not able to write to your preferences file or something like that. Tried repairing permissions yet?

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

It's being loaded from the Startup folder in /Applications/Office/Microsofot Office X(or2004)/Office/Startup/

In there are subfolders for Poowerpoint, Excel, and Word. In THOSE are the PDF plug-in. Remove from there and away it goes, forever.

But you already know that. Wish I'd seen this thread earlier. WoW is too time consuming. :)

7. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It seems that there are several related ways to accomplish the same thing. I did this a few months ago by deleting the offending files, but did not replace them with folders. I had to delete a couple of additional files...Acrobat "self-healing" files that try to fix what you've done.