Remove Application - CrashPlan Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Heycoolaid!, Feb 20, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, I may have a newby question here but here goes:)

The CrashPlan Pro application that was installed on the iMac I am using is locked and I am not finding success in removing/uninstalling it. (When I try to unlock the check box in the 'Get Info' pane the box repeatedly re-checks.)

I am logged in as ADMIN with the Master Password and have attempted to simply drag the icon to the trash- no success. I also tried to remove the application by using spotlight to locate all files/folders and was able to delete everything but the actual application.

I end up getting a message that states I don't have permission to delete the application... Pretty frustrating!

Thanks for any help on this.

2. simsaladimbamba, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013

simsaladimbamba

3. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

Go to the Crashplan web site and download the software then open the dmg. As I recall it has an uninstaller there.

4. macrumors newbie

Did you try changing the system and user immutable flags? In the terminal window as root type the following after cd /Applications/

ls -lhdO /Applications/CrashPlan.app

the response:
    drwxrwxr-x 3 root admin schg,uchg 102B Apr 8 2013 /Applications/CrashPlan.app
    schg,uchg are the system and user immutable flags. To remove them, do the following:
    chflags noschg CrashPlan.app # this removes system immutable flag
    chflags nouchg CrashPlan.app # this removes the user immutable flags

More detailed and generalized explanation can be found here:
    http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/immutableflags.html

5. macrumors newbie

Yous saved my Sunday! Thanx a lot!!!