Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gic2k3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Which filters do you use in FCP to remove the noise from your old vhs tapes...

Or do you export the sound to Soundtrack and make the changes there...

Have heard take soundtrack should be a little bit slow??

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
FCP doesn't have any good noise reduction filters that I know of.

I would go with Sound Soap 2.0 running inside of Peak 4 as what you'll need. Never used Soundtrack Pro, because it is slow, buggy and so I haven't been assed into using it.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Boelman

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
I have tried using soundtrack pro and have come to the same conclusion. It seems a little slow and buggy.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Lacero said:
FCP doesn't have any good noise reduction filters that I know of.

I would go with Sound Soap 2.0 running inside of Peak 4 as what you'll need. Never used Soundtrack Pro, because it is slow, buggy and so I haven't been assed into using it.

Here's to the Crazy Ones
I think he's referring to the video noise. As for that, I have no recommendations. Others will.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
pdpfilms said:
I think he's referring to the video noise. As for that, I have no recommendations. Others will.
For video noise, the only awesome tool I've used is the BitVice 1.6 mpeg2 encoder with DVNC of about 5 enabled. It does an exceptional job of removing video noise.

http://www.innobits.se

gic2k3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Thx for both reply's...

I have purchased Soundsoap, and it' awesome...

I also have looked at bitvice, but I doesn't have the money right know, but it is on my list....

Thx again...

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
pdpfilms said:

He says "do you export the sound to Soundtrack and make the changes there" so I'm pretty sure he's talking about sound.

gic2k3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Yes I was talking about sound, sorry if I haven't made it clear..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.