Remove third party apps from menubar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Halvard, Jun 30, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2009
    I have LogMeIn Hamachi and LogMeIn (Remote control) and they both have a icon in the menubar. But my menu bare is starting to get filled up with icons and I want to remove those since I don't need them in a menu bar.

But they don't have that option in the preferences. So are there a way I can delete something in the library so that they will go away? :)
  2. Moderator emeritus

Dec 10, 2008
    Command + drag it away if I recall correctly.
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2009
    That only works with already installed mac apps
  4. GGJstudios, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    Try right-clicking or Option-clicking the icon, to see if there's an option to remove it there. I'm surprised there isn't an option for that in LogMeIn preferences. If you don't need it to launch on startup, you can remove it from System Preferences > Accounts > youraccount > Login Items by selecting it and clicking the "-".

Edit: After doing a bit of searching, this appears to be an ongoing issue with LogMeIn. Just one more reason why I prefer TeamViewer.
  5. macrumors regular

May 31, 2008
    Thanks. Right Clicking gives you the option to remove unwanted item.
  6. macrumors newbie

Nov 29, 2012
    Completely Deleting the App

After I deleted the app because it was complete garbage, I noticed that the offline icon was still in the menu bar.
    So I went to Finder and typed in command shift G for "go" and typed in this: /Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/. Then I dragged the folder icon at the top next to the title to the trash.
    This completely deleted it.
  7. macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    You can also remove it by completely deleting an app and all associated files and folders. The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion: