Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I-Bot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
My City
So I just recently bought the unibody MacBook from somebody and just recently noticed a few scratches on the bottom of the MacBook, now they are not 100% noticeable but I wanted to remove them so does anyone know how to remove the scratches?

opinioncircle

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
Buy a new bottom case, file down the entire bottom case and re-powder coat, or live with them. Once scratches are there, you can't remove them. Besides they're on the bottom... what's the problem?

Well that just seems too easy to me :). Yeah scratches can't be undone...

I-Bot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
My City
Yes, I did a google search and didn't come up with much besides some MacBook paint but thats for the Titanium PowerBooks and i'm not sure if IKlear would work but i'm hoping Brasso would if anyone knows where to buy Brasso?

core2duo

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2009
Easiest way to clean a plastic MacBook's top case is with iKlear and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Id suspect that Brasso will work on your unibody, but you might want to try it out on an inconspicuous area like the inside of the battery lid (if it's got one). You can buy it at any hardware store, or most grocery stores. Make sure you get the liquid kind.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Yes, I did a google search and didn't come up with much besides some MacBook paint but thats for the Titanium PowerBooks and i'm not sure if IKlear would work but i'm hoping Brasso would if anyone knows where to buy Brasso?

when I bought it, I went to the hardware store - I think HD or Lowes would have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.