Removing broken links in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dscan99, Dec 25, 2004.

1. dscan99 macrumors regular

I have a whole bunch of songs that I manually imported that now itunes can't find for some reason and they have have little "!" beside the song name. I've re imported tha songs and there are now two copies of each song in the library- one with the broken link and one with the correct link.

how can I get rid of the song with the broken link from the library?

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Just click on it and hit the "delete" key, that should do the trick. I think you'll have to do them one at a time, though, I've never found a way to remove all of them at once... which can be a big annoyance!

3. dscan99 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah .. NO way to get rid of all of them at one shot eh. Is there a way for itunes to scan and report all songs with broken links without having to click on each song individualy and then find out?

4. reh macrumors 6502a

In iTunes 4.7

Edit -> Show Duplicate Songs

That should help you somehow.

5. brap macrumors 68000

This shows all songs which are duplicates, so presumably you can choose the copy you want to delete. Personally, I think a routine to grab one of every duplicate and select it would be much more useful.

There are scripts out there in the bnig wide internet which try to do this, but none at last time of checking did it sufficiently... Google it.