Removing Nano Scratches with...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tiny_101, Nov 20, 2005.

1. tiny_101 macrumors member

Oct 15, 2005
    Hey everyone,

I realize the topic of Nano's scratches have been posted over and over again (I did search through this forum before I posted this...) Except I was wondering about one specific product. Has anyone heard of Merlin's LCD Magic Scratch Repair Kit? :p The name sounds a bit overexaggerated... but in my area, this was the only thing I could find in-stores. Has anyone heard or used this product before?

Also, I was wondering if there are any products that are good for removing the scratches on the FRONT of the nano... ?

- Thanks in advance!
  2. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    Brazzo and a soft lint free cloth works wonders.
  3. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    I don't have an answer for your scratches, but i did pick up a product at the apple store last week that is very similar to the films that are used for pda screens. It was 14 for a front cover, back cover and a click wheel cover. It works very well. I threw it on just before leaving for Germany and it was rattling around in my briefcase all week. Not a single scratch on it. Granted it does not protect it from drops etc, but I am going to keep the film on even after my agent 18 case arrives.

It is a good option for extra protection.
  4. anchov13 macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2005

A lot of good reviews come with this kit. Havent used it yet though, bought a 60g iPod video last week and havent had any scratches on it yet, and im only using the ipod sock, i did keep the film that comes on the ipod on it, but its starting to peel :(
  5. tiny_101 thread starter macrumors member

Oct 15, 2005
    Humm... I have tried out that Merlin's LCD stuff :p Like the name claims, it will only work for the LCD part, lol... but even for that, it wasn't that great. It still left behind a few scratches. I guess later on, I'll try out some of the products you guys suggested! I want to try the Ice Creme Kit, although I'm not sure of where to purchase it (I don't want to buy it online...)
  6. stylin macrumors newbie

Nov 24, 2005
    Merlin worked great!

I used merlins' lcd magic and it works great. Actually, I was really happy considering the scratches were everywhere and a few were deep. I also used it on a big compass watch, which I stopped wearing becasue the display was trashed with scratches and it looks brand new (just the display but I recovered my $200 watch).

I've tried every home remedy, Brasso, toothpast, car wax, and a professional scratch repair compound for metal and nothing worked anywhere near as well as this repair kit. 10 outta 10! :)
  7. Piarco macrumors 68030

Jun 24, 2004
    I've used Displex to take out minor scratches, and to date its done me proud. I'll still invest in some Radtech IceCreme in the future though. I've got the Power Support Crystal Film on at the mo to maintain the nano's scratch free finish until my Black Aluminium Core Case or Power Support Crystal Jacket arrive.... with the film on transfering between cases is less of a worry!