Removing 'rules' with Mail.app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tech4all, Nov 8, 2006.

1. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Just to see what it would so, I applied a rule to apply a color when an email was from a certain address. It worked. So I deleted the rule, but those emails are still highlighted in that color. How do I remove this?

Thanks.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Worst case? Re-write the same rule, but set the color back this time.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yeah, I was just playing around with it, and I can't figure out another way to do it. Interesting.

4. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

Thanks for that.

I'm assuming the default background color for all messages is white? I just applied a new rule like the one I deleted, expect I made the background color white, applied that. Checked to be sure it worked, it did, then deleted the rule.

Odd that you can undo the rule by simply deleting the rule.

5. MissmeWasTaken, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014

MissmeWasTaken macrumors newbie

Still an issue

Hi,

I get the setting the rule to black to reverse the color but... I have several email accounts in mail and they all have different color rules... If I set this sender to black then I can't tell which inbox it is in when viewing all emails... I need those email color rules to apply to that sender...

Any ideas?!

Thanks!

---

Ok I just edited the rule for each email account, changing the color and applying rule and then changed it back to original color and applying again and it'S working but it takes a while when you have a lot of emails... not the best solution but it works...