Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
There's apparently an Apple logo cutout on the back which is a first for an iPhone:

img201405101252212.jpg

Perhaps it's part of the antenna system, like with the iPad. If it means we're getting closer to having a 100% metal iPhone, I'm all for it.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Does anyone actually believe the volume and sleep/wake buttons are going to be a different color than the aluminum back? Also from leaked photos I've seen the white and black seams on the back were uneven and in some areas even looked like paint that was chipping off. No way is that a final design. If it is I will sell my Apple stock.

iphone-65.jpg

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
I actually really like the all-aluminum back plate, but those antenna breaks look kind of thick to me.

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
Possibly a lit-up Apple logo like MacBooks :cool:

Would be a waste of precious internal space though, since you couldn't have any electronics in between the screen and the apple logo. It would waste Apple's extreme efforts to get more internal space, such as replacing the micro-sim with the nano-sim.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Time to train yourself to reach for the top right side of the phone instead of the top of the phone to lock it.

DTphonehome

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2003
NYC
Would be a waste of precious internal space though, since you couldn't have any electronics in between the screen and the apple logo. It would waste Apple's extreme efforts to get more internal space, such as replacing the micro-sim with the nano-sim.

The lit up logo is actually just a window in the back of the LED screen assembly that allows the backlight to show through. No extra electronics. But in the iPhone the battery is interposed between the screen and the back case, so it wouldn't work.

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
I like how it looks, the only thing that bothers me are the lines at the top and bottom on the back side. It looks weird and out of place.

Maybe in the final or physical version it'll look nice.

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
The lit up logo is actually just a window in the back of the LED screen assembly that allows the backlight to show through. No extra electronics. But in the iPhone the battery is interposed between the screen and the back case, so it wouldn't work.

That's what I'm saying. With the Macs they can only do it because the computer/battery is not located behind the screen.

wikiverse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
My biggest wish for the next iPhone is 32GB base storage capacity. Someone needs to make the jump.

I have a 16gb iPhone5 and I've never filled it.

Photos can go to iCloud and be removed from the phone and I just use streaming radio services instead of iTunes.

32gb is an unnecessary extra cost for me.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I actually really like the all-aluminum back plate, but those antenna breaks look kind of thick to me.

I agree. The shape itself looks nice, continuation of the iPad Air / iPad mini / iPod designs but the black HTC one-ish black lines are very ugly.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Does anyone actually believe the volume and sleep/wake buttons are going to be a different color than the aluminum back? Also from leaked photos I've seen the white and black seams on the back were uneven and in some areas even looked like paint that was chipping off. No way is that a final design. If it is I will sell my Apple stock.

Did you bother reading the article where you got that image from? It's a dummy unit.

I find it weird that a shareholder would sell its stocks based on an uninformed opinion of something so futile.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Did you bother reading the article where you got that image from? It's a dummy unit.

I find it weird that a shareholder would sell its stocks based on an uninformed opinion of something so futile.

I'm not worried that I'll be selling my stock. Well over this at least. :)

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002

Way to say the exact same thing.

darcyjames

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012

I don't think that will cause him to sell his shares. I think it was a: "if it is, I'll eat my hat" type of statement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.