Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lykos1986

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Hello to everyone!

I am using the trial version of the Mobile Me and I have two more weeks before the end. I am willing to expand my subscription by buying a new mobile me box from Amazon (as it is cheaper) and using this link: https://secure.me.com/wo/WebObjects/Signup.woa/wa/activation?aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en .

But I was wondering… is it possible to cancel my subscription, use the new mobile me box code at the first days of January and somehow to have my previous account (same user name, same configuration etc)?

Lykos1986

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Hello again! I have a new question and I think that I don't have to create a new post...

So, Probably I will delay my new subscription to mobile me for more than five+ months. Ok, I will not have access any more to the mail acount or the iDisc and I don't care so much... but what is the situation with the synced contacts? Someone told me that all of my synced data will be lost automatically after the expiration date of Mobile Me. It this true?

For example I sync my iPhone contacts with the Address Book in my Mac using the Mobile Me. What will happen with those contacts? I will loose everything?

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
For example I sync my iPhone contacts with the Address Book in my Mac using the Mobile Me. What will happen with those contacts? I will loose everything?

Nothing will happen to the contacts on your Mac or your iPhone. You just won't be able to sync via Mobile Me anymore. The data on the Mobile Me servers will get deleted if you don't renew.

A.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.