Renewing my MobileMe

Discussion in 'Apple Music, iCloud and Apple Services' started by Aloush, May 5, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hey there guys!

So i started the MobileMe 60 day trial and it runs out on the 1st of June.
    I started this trial as i knew i would be getting a Mac before it was over and well i am getting a mac within the next few days.
    What i am wanting to know is how i can renew my service.
    it my local trade in shop [CEX] they have some thin square boxes fully sealed saying MobileMe on them, and they are only £35 compared to £60 if i let the trial run on and take money from my bank, would this box allow me to renew my service for half the price?

Thanks

2. macrumors 6502

tombarnes

Are you talking about when you renew your service next year?

I would imagine the boxes in the shops are only for new customers.

3. macrumors 6502a

I've done something similar with the Family Pack, I saw the .mac (Old Mobile Me) at CEX for that cheap as well compared to paying £59 or whatever. In the renewal bit at me.com you just enter the code and it automatically detects it in the cool apple way.

However if you do want it cheaper, for about £20 - then send me a PM, it's totally legit. Seriously. :apple:

4. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply guys will go pick one up soon.

5. macrumors member

I bought mine from eBay for about £40 all you need is the code, there's no need for the box etc. Just find a seller with decent feedback and you should be alright.

6. thread starter macrumors member

Yeah well this shop has them for £35 going to pick one up at the weekend and wait until my trial is over and renew it :)

7. macrumors 6502a

Harmush

i don't know whether to renew mine this year or not. i do use the email alot and the syncing but i hardly use the idisk. i'm looking for alternatives at the moment.

i didnt think of looking on ebay and other places for a membership though. i will do that tomorrow.

8. macrumors 6502a

you don't even need to wait til the trial is over afaik...

just input the code, and it'll extend your membership