1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Rented movie to Apple TV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tipem, Jan 27, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I don't get it...

How do you transfer a "rented movie" that you download from the iTunes store to your Apple TV? I've tried searching the Apple site but... I can't get my rented movie from iTunes on my Apple TV? How do you do this?! It's driving me nuts... I imagine there's something simple I'm missing, because Apple would never make it this hard. ;P
    :apple:

2. macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Their help does state it is one of the devices you can transfer rentals to (in iTunes help). However, I suspect it won't be implemented until the software update for the :apple:tv becomes available (hopefully, Tuesday). The description of how to do the "move" is the same as for iPhone/iPod, but as you probably have found, the tab doesn't have that interface.

3. macrumors member

Oh dear, so that means, until the software update, I can't transfer rented movies to my :apple:tv?

4. macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I fell into that "trap" too. Their help shouldn't have the AppleTV listed yet. I think the web site has changed, but when I rented, it still said AppleTV.

A bit confusing, for sure. I just ended up watching it on my MPB & 20" ACD. Only $3, and I did get to play with rental a bit (moving from MBP to iPhone and back).

Really looking forward to rentals directly on the AppleTV. Hopefully, just a couple days away.