Renting a PowerBook/MacBook pro for a week

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by utilizer, May 6, 2006.

1. utilizer macrumors regular

May 12, 2002
    In Atlanta!
    I wanted to know if anyone has ever rented a Mac before. I'm going on vacation next week and am concerned that the good 'ole Pismo just isn't going to cut it this time around. Who is/are the best rental firm(s) out there that you've had experience with? And what I can expect to generally pay for a week's rental? Lets say the machine is either a high-end iBook or a low-end PowerBook/MacBook Pro.

BTW, just my two cents:
    The name of the new iBook = iMacBook

2. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I dont know of any places that rent laptops. If you buy a laptop from an Apple Store, you have 14 days to return it (with a restocking fee, 10% I think) which is probably your best bet.
  3. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Oct 19, 2003
    If you are a college student, you could try to work something out with your library/av center.
  4. BlueT macrumors member

Aug 9, 2005
    Um...Yeah, if you want to throw a hundred dollars down the drain for absolutely no good reason. Unless that week of having a laptop will earn you well over that cost, buying and then returning is about as smart as lighting yourself on fire.
  5. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

Jul 31, 2005
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Well, that $100 would be the cost of renting the laptop, or such an equivalent...

EDIT I think FedEx/Kinko's rents Mac laptops, but I'm not positive.