Renting a PowerBook/MacBook pro for a week

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by utilizer, May 6, 2006.

1. utilizer macrumors regular

I wanted to know if anyone has ever rented a Mac before. I'm going on vacation next week and am concerned that the good 'ole Pismo just isn't going to cut it this time around. Who is/are the best rental firm(s) out there that you've had experience with? And what I can expect to generally pay for a week's rental? Lets say the machine is either a high-end iBook or a low-end PowerBook/MacBook Pro.

BTW, just my two cents:
    The name of the new iBook = iMacBook

TIA

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I dont know of any places that rent laptops. If you buy a laptop from an Apple Store, you have 14 days to return it (with a restocking fee, 10% I think) which is probably your best bet.

3. pinto32 macrumors 6502

If you are a college student, you could try to work something out with your library/av center.

4. BlueT macrumors member

Um...Yeah, if you want to throw a hundred dollars down the drain for absolutely no good reason. Unless that week of having a laptop will earn you well over that cost, buying and then returning is about as smart as lighting yourself on fire.

5. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Well, that $100 would be the cost of renting the laptop, or such an equivalent...

EDIT I think FedEx/Kinko's rents Mac laptops, but I'm not positive.