Reordering albums in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Foggy, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Foggy macrumors 6502a

Ok, have just imported all my 3k+ photos into iPhoto and am now going about organising them. Having come from using Photoshop Elements on my PC I must say the keywords seems a bit primitive and limited in comparison to APE's tagging system so I am starting shoving things into albums. What I cant do though is reorder the albums - they are just listed in the order they were created - is there a way to move them about? Also, can you somehow create an album tree structure, so I can have a 'Holidays' heading then under there have all the holiday albums?

Ta for any help

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    There are a couple of keyword optimisers that you might want to check out. Otherwise try highlighting all the ones that you want at one go and then dragging them all to the keyword to add them in batches.

So far as re-ordering albums go, you should be able to move them around by clicking on the name and moving them up or down the list.

You can also add a folder called Holidays which you can keep all your holiday albums in.
    I think this is true from iPhoto 5 onwards?

3. Foggy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I swear I tried dragging the folders around and that it just wouldnt let me!!! Thanks for that, tried it again and it let me :)